Sunday, September 8, 2019

On RCSE preparation— talk to RTC final year students (26/08)

Alumni Talk- Life after college;

Kuzu zangpo la,

Honourable president, Deans, faculties, staff and dear fellow students, please allow me to convey warm regards from 9 RTC alumni who are undergoing Post- Graduate diploma at Royal Institute of Management and of course from some other alumni as well. 

And Thank You so much for providing us this wonderful opportunity! It’s always an honour and home coming to be back at the place where I had transformative experience and influence on being who I am today.

Now coming to today’s point on Life after college,

Since I was fortunate to pass Bhutan Civil Service Examination, I will relate my experiences to how I prepared for it and I hope this would be relevant to most of you. If not, please pardon me.

To start with, I would like to highlight one of the most repeated statements by both wise person as well as by hypocrites that “There is no short cut to success” if there is one, it is hard work and self-discipline.

Therefore, I will center my points on the self-discipline as a tool for preparation for BCSE

Yes of course graduation was such a big achievement in my life but more than that it was an important rites of passage.

So, with that in mind, during my final year at college, with excitement to graduate I was also figuring out what should I do after that. So I decided that I will appear for Civil Service Examination, when I was here. In fact, I aimed to top the exam, unfortunately I could not, fortunately didn’t fail however. From this, I would like to convey that if you are going to appear for BCSE exam, decide beforehand, don’t wait for last month or last hour and importantly start preparing.

Now how did I prepare for it?
With some works and responsibilities on campus,  actually that’s lame excuse, anyways I could not attend regular coaching class offered at the college, so then did any miracle happen for passing in BCSE exam?
At the hind sight, I was trying to keep up to date with current affairs and topical issues and, history and economic related subjects which helped me significantly in Main Examination. Also I used to write journals and reflections in my dairy so as to polish my writing style. So, coming to self-discipline point, have the discipline of reading and writing. It doesn’t matter what genre are you reading or what kind of piece you are writing.

Because it will improve you in articulating and expressing yourself or basically your communication skills.
Because in this day and age, everyone will have access to similar kind of information and data but BCSE depends on how to articulate and express yourself on paper as well as during Viva-voce.

Coming to second discipline, after graduation, you will miss going to class and following all those routine and systems. But when you have nothing to do you land up staying idle- eating and sleeping and at some point of time, you will realize you are becoming like a pig. So have the discipline to keep yourself busy and engaged. I followed the simple things like waking up early, praying and meditating, going for a walk and reading. So, to me this discipline was effective.

And now regarding challenges, I was involved in many activities like doing internship here, attending coaching classes in the town, writing dialogues and screenplay for two movies, and then caught up in controversial Japan overseas issues  and other social and personal activities. And it seemed I was everywhere but no where. Now I realize that perhaps I could have focused much more on RCSE exam. At the same time I have no regrets because I am somebody who likes to be busy.
The bottom line here is, have the discipline of managing time and stay focused on what you are doing.

Now to wind up, after telling all of this, I feel guilty and cynical that I am still not self-disciplined but I am working on it. Nonetheless, I seriously followed these discipline and was effective and significant factor for my success in BCSE.
Last, I would like to conclude that success in BCSE in one of the bests, not the only best! You have to figure out what is best for you.
Tashi Delek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ཁྲུངས་སྐར་ཕུན་ཚོགས་ལྔ་ལྡན།

སངས་རྒྱསའི་རྗེས་སུ་བྲངས་ནས་སྤྲུལ་སྐུ།། འགྲོ་བའི་འཇིགས་སྐྱོབས་ནུས་པས་འཇིགས་མེད།། བསྟན་པའི་སྒྲ་ཆེན་སྒྲོགས་ནས་ཆོས་གྲགས།། མི་སེར་ཡོངས་ཀྱིས་བསྟེན...